Today marks the first day of a new set of guidelines aimed at reopening a number of non-essential services and amenities that until now have been closed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Some of the services and amenities that remain closed undr the provincial emergency order are spas, hair salons, barber shops, martial arts clubs, fitness centres, dance studios, restaurants (except for takeout and delivery), camp grounds (except for RV sites where the owner does not have a permanent residence) bars, swimming pools, shopping malls and outdoor play structures. Also gathers of more than five people still remain restricted.
Here is a full list of services and amenities that are now open...
- No indoor malls
- Must have a dedicated street front entrance
- Open in-store by appointment only and/or by limiting the number of people in the store at any one time. Retailers must restrict the number of customers in the store based on one customer per four squared metres to maintain physical distancing requirement of two metres.
- Supermarkets and grocery store
- Convenience stores
- Discount and big box retailers selling groceries
- Restaurants (take-out, drive-through and delivery service only)
- Beer and wine and liquor stores.
- Businesses that sell motor vehicles
- Garden centres and plant nurseries, including greenhouses
- Hardware stores
- Safety supply stores
- Golf courses and outdoor golf driving ranges (Clubhouse, restaurant, pool, meeting room, fitness centre or other recreational facility on the premises must remain closed to the public.)
Every person who operates a seasonal campground shall ensure that,
(a) campsites are made available only for trailers and recreational vehicles that,
(i) are used by individuals who do not have another residence in Canada and are in need of housing during the emergency period, or
(ii) are permitted to be there by the terms of a full season contract;
(b) only campsites with electricity, water service and facilities for sewage disposal are provided for use;
(c) all recreational facilities in the campground, and all other shared facilities in the campground such as washrooms, are closed; and
(d) other areas of the seasonal campground are closed to the general public and are only opened for the purpose of preparing the seasonal campground for reopening
- Gas stations and other fuel supplierds
- Automated and self-service car washes
- Laundromats and drycleaners
- Lawn care services and landscaping services
- Security services for residences, businesses and other properties
- Vehicle and equipment repair and essential maintenance
- Vehicle and equipment rental services
- Courier, postal, shipping, moving and delivery services
- Funeral and related services
- Staffing services including providing temporary help
- Veterinary services (urgent care only)
- Home child care services of up to six children
- Hotels, motels, other shared rental accommodation including student residences, except for any pools, fitness centres, meeting rooms and other recreational facilities that may be part of the operations of these businesses.
- Cheque cashing services
- Allotment gardens or community gardens
- Professional and social services that support the legal and justice system
- Transportation services provided by air, water, road, and rail, including taxis and other private transportation providers
- Maintenance, repair and property management services strictly necessary to manage and maintain the safety, security, sanitation and essential operation of institutional, commercial, industrial and residential properties and buildings
- Open for pickup or delivery only
Individual recreational sports
- Outdoor recreational centres for sports not played in teams will open with limited access to facilities ie. no clubhouse, no change rooms, washrooms and emergency aid only. Examples of permitted sports centres include: tennis courts, rod and gun cubs, cycling tracks including BMX, and horse riding facilities.
Medical and health services
Non-emergency diagnostic imaging and surgeries in public hospitals, private hospitals and independent health facilities, clinics, and private practices to resume based on ability to meet specified pre-conditions.
Certain health and medical services, such as in-person counselling and scheduled surgeries based on the ability to meet pre-specified conditions.
- Capital markets and related securities trading and advisory services
Banking/credit union activities including credit intermediation
- Land registration services
- Real estate agent services
- Pension and benefits payment services
- Financial services including payroll and payment processing and accounting and tax services
Boarding kennels and stables
animal’s owner may visit the animal, assist in the care or feeding of the animal or, as applicable, ride the animal.
- Pet grooming
- Pet sitting
- Dog walking
- Pet training
story was made possible thanks to the generous support of
our local business partners.)