6 a.m., April 3)
house fire displaces family of three
By Fred Sherwin
family of three in Vars has been left temporarily homeless
after a fire destroyed their kitchen and living room area
responded to the blaze on Buckland Road around 10 a.m.
after a woman who has been working from home heard her
smoke alarm go off.
took the firefighters about an hour to get the blaze under
control, but not before it caused an estimated $100,000
Fire investigators believe the fire started in the kitchen
but have not yet determined the actual cause.
story was made possible thanks to their generous support
of our local business
www.orleansonline.ca's main page