Volume 12 Week 5

Wednesday, May 10


<

 

Posted May 10

Posted Feb. 16

Posted Feb. 17

free polls

Orléans Ward
Bob Monette

Beacon Hill,
Cyrville Ward
Tim Tierney



 

 

 

   

 

(Posted 2:30 p.m., March 18)
Convent Glen homeowner flees fire dressed only in a towel

By Fred Sherwin
Orléans Online

A garage fire on Long Bow Gate in Convent Glen North caused an estimated $360,000 in damage. Photo courtesy of the Ottawa Citizen


Marc Pitre will never forget St. Patrick's Day 2012 and not for the reasons you may think.

The Long Bow Gate resident had just gotten out of the shower and was preparing to go to a movie with a friend when someone started banging on his front door at around 6 p.m.

“I was getting ready to go out to the movies. just got out of the shower. I didn’t even Q-tip my ears yet," said Pitre still shaken from what transpired.

Tha man at the door was a neighbour who noticed a small fire in Pitre's garage. Dressed only in a towel, Pitre grabbed a fire extinguisher and tried to put the flames but they spread too quickly.

Fire fighters arrived soon afterwords and they managed to limit the damage to the garage and the roof, which was heavily damaged. The remainder of the house suffered smoke danage. The total estimated damage is $360,000.

On a positive note, it appears that most if not all of Pitre's antique collection escaped the blaze untouched, including his 18-year-old son's bed which dates back to 1906/

The fire is being blamed on faulty electrical wiring in the garage.

(This story was made possible thanks to their generous support of our local business partners.)

Visit www.orleansonline.ca's main page

 

 

   

 


Posted Jan. 12



Click on image



Click on image


 

 

 


Orléans Online © 2001-2016 Sherwin Publishing