8:30 a.m., Feb. 7)
blaze in less than two weeks keeps local fire fighters
By Fred Sherwin
fire fighters were called to 1547 Champneuf Dr. early
Monday morning to battle a four-alarm fire that started
in the basement of the four bedroom house.
took nearly four hours to wrestle the blaze under control,
but not before it completely gutted the inside of the
two storey house.
couple managed to escape the fire with their two dogs
thanks to their smoke detector.
is the third residential fire in the est end in the past
two weeks. A fire gutted the second floor of a townhome
in Blackburn Hamlet on Friday and a misplaced cigarette
started a fire in a rowhouse on Parkrose Private in Orléans
on Jan. 25 that caused $300,000 damage.
story was made possible thanks to the generous support
of our local business partners.)
to Front Page